Essential emergency skills
Develop the confidence and vital life-saving skills needed to protect your child in an emergency situation, with paediatric first aid training from Blooming Babies.
Classes are run by Annie, a qualified nurse who specialised in A&E nursing and practising midwife with decades of experience. The course is suitable for parents, grandparents, extended family members and professionals involved in the care of babies or young children.
Blooming Babies First Aid classes are held throughout the year, at venues around North Leeds and Harrogate. Pre-crawling babies are welcome.
Dates To Be Confirmed. Please Contact Us.
Generally these are:
At Nuffield Health, Hornbeam Park Road, Harrogate, HG2 8RA.
At Nuffield Health, Otley Road, White Cross, Guiseley, Leeds, LS20 8LY.
We also offer private tuition in a place of your choice including the comfort of your own home, and can provide group courses on request for between 6 and 10 participants.
What you’ll learn
The Blooming Babies Paediatric First Aid course covers a range of basic first aid skills. You’ll learn how to react in a range of emergency and health situations, including when a baby or child:
• Is unresponsive or not breathing
• Has suffered a head injury
• Is choking or has swallowed something harmful
• Is having an asthma attack
• Is having an extreme allergic reaction
• Is having a febrile convulsion (Fitting)
• Is suffering from hypothermia
• Is bleeding
• May be showing symptoms of meningitis
• Is burnt or scalded
• Has an injury to any part of the body
• Is suffering from sickness or a fever
• Is drowning